About Me

My photo
Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia
Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. July 24, 2013 - July 24, 2015.

Thursday, June 26, 2014


It’s been a while but I promise I am still alive and well. I am currently serving at Moorea, that hasn't changed, and my companion is now a Tahitian named Elder Teahuotonga. He is 23 years old and has been on his mission 17 months. Elder Palombo is now serving at the island Raiatea. Elder Tonga (everyone calls him Elder Tonga because his name is long and hard to pronounce) is a good, dedicated missionary that really likes to have a good time. I have laughed harder with him than I have ever laughed on my whole mission. We get along really well and have some good visions for the missionary work here at Moorea. 
And some interesting things that have happened since the last post: we baptized a 14 year old named Tinihau which was a miracle because at first his parents weren't OK with him getting baptized but after about two months of taking lessons he was able to talk to his parents and bear them his testimony which softened their hearts and let him get baptized. So now we are teaching his parents and his sister and they all want to get baptized but don't have a testimony yet. So thanks to Tinihau's testimony and example the rest of his family will join the church, which is a pretty cool miracle. Also this Sunday, June 29th we will get a new mission president. His name is President Bise and he is French but has lived in America for 20 years. It will be interesting to see the difference in leadership through the change of culture. And I want France to win the world cup. And mom, I promise we don't watch the games.
And a shout out to my brother who just got his mission call to the Bolivia, Santa Cruz mission in South America. Super proud of him. Have an excellent week and I love you all.
Elder Rose

Tinihau and his family
And this is my favorite dish in French Polynesia. Sashimi! (Raw red tuna with some magic sauce that tastes great) And local mangos drink. I'm pretty sure this meal exists in heaven.
Send letters to:


Elder Cody Tiler Rose
Tahiti Papeete Mission
The Church of Latter Day Saints
B.P. 93 Mormon Mission
Papeete, Tahiti 98714
French Polynesia

Letters take 6-8 weeks (use 3-4stamps)
Packages take 12 weeks

Elder Rose's e-mail address: cody.rose@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment